TCA CROSS to correct acne scar
See Dr. Shafa for your acne scar removal, since her experience makes her the best physician to perform this process fast, low risk with high yield outcome.
What does TCA CROSS mean?
TCA is trichloroacetic acid and CROSS simply stands for Chemical Reconstruction of Skin Scars
How is the procedure performed?
The TCA CROSS procedure involves depositing small amounts of high concentration TCA onto the surface of the atrophic scars while sparing the remaining skin. This chemical irritation of the scar tissue creates local inflammation leading to the formation of new collagen fibers.Increased collagen synthesis at the site of
scar lifts the depression, flattens acne scars and improves skin texture.
Advantages of TCA Cross Treatment
- In the hands of an experienced physician it is fast and less costly than alternative treatments such as laser
- Since the treated area is surrounded by healthy skin the recovery of the created
injury in the skin is highly likely to occur without complications
- The procedure is not bloody and easily tolerated although it penetrates the deeper layer of your scar
- Makeup can be applied the following day of the treatment
What should you expect after the procedure?
- Frosting of the scar surface will last less than 1 day
- The skin around the treated sites will possibly be red and sore up to 1-2 days
- After a few days a small scab will develop, which will fall off in the following week
- You may wash as normal, and may apply make-up if desired
- Sunscreen is recommended to reduce the chance of pigmentation
How many treatments are required?
Just like all the other acne scar removal options, multiple treatments can continue to improve the depth of acne scar. In general, most patients benefit from 3 to 6 treatments at 2 to 8 week intervals.
What is the outcome following TCA CROSS?
This procedure is highly technical and requires expertise in performing this process. If performed correctly, TCA Cross is moderately to highly effective for atrophic acne scars depending on the number of treatments performed. Acne scar improvement should be expected over a 6-12 month period following the treatment.
Greater levels of patient’s satisfaction are associated with more severe pre-treatment scarring.
Call us for a complimentary consultation for your acne scar removal and to learn more about your options and expected outcome.
For medical visit
we are contracted with medicare and most of the PPO insurances.