What is Restylane?
Restylane is a leading dermal filler made of Hyaluronic acids (HAs) that replaces lost volume and restores youthful contours to the skin, to smooth away moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). Dr. Parvin Shafa is an experienced dermatologist in Irvine, Orange County that has been using Restylane products to restore youthful looks for her patients since 2004 when Restylane as the first HA was FDA approved. Prior to that Dr. Shafa was a pioneer in injecting older fillers such as collagen, Zyderm, Zyplast and more.
What are the Hyaluronic acids (HAs)?
Has are natural substances found in many tissues throughout the body and present in particularly high amounts in the skin and joint tissue and the fluid that fills the joints. In the human body natural hyaluronic acid acts as a lubricant for the joints and provides volume and fullness to the skin. Synthetic HAs are clear colorless, gels. Most of them are not animal obtained products. Restylane products as well as Juvederm family are both the most popular synthetic HAs in use and FDA approved.
Are Hyaluronic Acids (HAs) FDA approved?
Restylane is the first HAs currently provided by Galderma, previously by Medicis was approved by FDA approved in 2003. Many different manufactures are providing hyaluronic acids (HAs) with similar formulas and features. These are approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, like the ones from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
The Restylane family of products includes:
- Restylane Silk:This product is designed to target the lips and the lines that form around the mouth. It is comprised of a unique particle gel formula that allows for precise injection and natural results. The consistency of this gel is silky smooth to deliver beautifully smooth lip contours.
- Restylane Lyft:This clear gel immediately adds volume to smooth away wrinkles of the face, correcting moderate to severe facial lines. Additionally, it is used to fill in thin or thinning lips
- Restylane:Like Restylane, this product is used to add volume to the skin in order to correct moderate to severe facial lines and enhance lips. This product combines lidocaine, as a pain reliever, in order to improve comfort during and after injection.
- Restylane Refyne:This product is designed to target the lips and the lines that form around the mouth. It is comprised of a unique particle gel formula that allows for precise injection and natural results. The consistency of this gel is silky smooth to deliver beautifully smooth lip contours.
- Restylane defyne:This product is unique in the size of the particles and depth of injection. This product is intended for more severe facial wrinkles that require deeper injection in the skin. This product was previously called Perlane.
How do I choose between different type of Restylane ?
You don’t have to. In clinical trials, different type of Restylane were used in the same patients. The hyaluronic acid in all Restylane products is made by similar biotechnical process. The difference is in the gel particle size. Restylane Lyft gel particles are larger and designed for deeper injection than Restylane. Dr. Shafa will decide which product is right for you based on an evaluation of facial wrinkles and folds.
For medical visit
we are contracted with medicare and most of the PPO insurances.