What is Cosmelan MD?
Cosmelan MD is one of the option to correct skin brownish discoloration. Remember that you want cosmelan MD which is much more potent and effective than Cosmelan. Dr. Parvin Shafa is a dermatologist in Irvine, Orange County CA specialized in treatment of skin discoloration and chemical peels using Cosmelan and Cosmelan MD. Read more about Cosmelan and Cosmelan MD below or book an appointment to discuss with Dr. Parvin Shafa about using Cosmelan treatment.
MD version of Cosmelan contains a prescription product called hydroquinone which is the most popular prescription bleaching agent used in United States.
The Cosmelan MD is a type of chemical peel mask that is started in the medical office followed by take home products and instruction. It is designed to attenuate/eliminate blemishes and brownish discoloration caused by excess melanin in the skin. It is made in Spain.
Comelan MD is sold only to the physician and retail on line is illegal and not safe.
Cosmelan MD active products
Beside hydroquinon the most effective prescription color correcting topical cream cosmelan contain:
- Azelaic Acid.
- Salicylic Acid.
- Kojic Acid.
- Licorice Extract and more.
These five active products in Cosmelan are lightening products which inhibit Tyrosinase, an enzyme that produces Melanin (color in the skin).
How does Cosmelan work?
Cosmelan depigmentation treatment blocks the body’s biological process that causes skin discoloration in the skins deeper layers from surfacing. Cosmelan inhibits Tyrosinase, an enzyme involved in the production of melanin (brown color of the skin).
What is the advantage of Cosmelan over alternative treatments for skin discoloration?
- It causes a fast depigmentation with a moderate, socially accepted exfoliant effect.
- It is highly effective for all cutaneous blemishes (melasma, chloasma), especially in the epidermis.
- It may be started at any time of year when used in conjunction with the daily use of Total Moisturizing Sun block.
- It is compatible with any skin phototype.
- It has a very high safety margin.
How is the Cosmelan MD application performed?
This is a procedure initiated at the medical office performed by the physician.
- Skin is going to be cleaned with a special cleanser.
- A degreasing solution applied over area being treated.
- It will eliminate all impurities oil from the skin to achieve optimum penetration of Cosmelan 1 cream.
- Cosmelan 1 mask is applied to the area being treated for discoloration.
At our office the procedure is completed and you will be sent home with a jar of Cosmelan 2 and a tube of HydraVital K along home instructions performed under physician supervision. The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment must be continued at home, on a daily basis, according to the guidelines indicated.
What is home instruction for Cosmelan therapy?
You leave the office with the mask on the skin. You wash off the mask at home anywhere between 8 to 12 hours later as instructed by Dr. Parvin Shafa. The number of hours the mask is left on the skin depends on the type skin, problems targeted, skin sensitivity, evolution of pigment and Dr. Parvin Shafa professional experience with the use of the product