General Information About Acne
Our dermatologist, Dr. Parvin Shafa at OC MedDerm in Irvine, Orange County, is an expert in acne and acne scar removal. She will find an individualized treatment plan for your specific type of acne, not only will she tackle the underlying cause of acne but also offer a wide spectrum of acne treatment beginning with a patient education and proper acne cleanser all the way to, if needed “Accutane” (now called Absorica/Isotrentinoin) as a last resort. It is the miracle treatment for the most stubborn and severe cystic acne. Remember that acne can and must be controlled as soon as possible, to prevent permanent discoloration and scarring which is significantly more difficult to treat. Learn more about how we treat acne at OC Med Derm.
Acne Treatment Before and After
View more Acne before and after procedures with dermatologist Dr. Parvin Shafa
How We Treat Acne
Other Acne Treatment Procedures
Click here to learn more about other acne treatment procedures.
- Medical evaluation for acne
- Hormone Treatment for Acne
- What are Retinoids (The gold standard treatment for acne)
- Antibiotics (topical or oral)Dapsone
- Azelex (Azelaic acid) and Salicylic acid
- Prednisone for acne
- Accutane, a miracle acne treatment
- Intralesional steroid Injection for acne
- Minor Acne Surgery
- Drainage and Surgical Extraction
- Chemical Peels for acne
- Comedone Extraction
- Acne Soothing Masks
- Home therapy for acne
How We Treat Acne Scars
Our Goals for Acne Treatment
- Heal existing lesions.
- Prevent the formation of new lesions.
- Treat and prevent permanent discoloration.
- Prevent scarring and improve old acne scars.
By achieving our goals we can minimize the psychological stress and prevent the emotional and physical scarring caused by acne. Self confidence and ease in socialization will be regained.